UNC has been actively involved in many different aspects of negotiations, drafting of agreements, restructuring, privatization, and deregulation, and in the development of whole sectors of the economy, as well as advisory work in relation to Oil and Gas law, Maritime law, Solid Minerals law and the like.
Uche Nwokedi & Co. has been actively involved in the acquisition of concession interests in Nigeria (and more recently Equatorial Guinea), and therefore is fully conversant with the laws and regulations for establishing and conducting petroleum operations in Nigeria.
UNC has also been instrumental in the development of a legal framework for the exploitation of solid minerals in Nigeria. Our Principal Counsel, Mr. Uche Nwokedi SAN served on the Ministerial Committee of Legal Experts set up to review the entire Minerals legislation of Nigeria for the Federal Government of Nigeria. In this regard he has advised the Ministry of Solid Mineral Development on issues relating thereto.
The Firm has invested heavily in developing its Energy Law and Natural Resources Law Practice, legal expertise and global footprint to match the needs of its clients, governments, leading energy companies and banks with interests in the sector.
Our services in this area includes:
- Production sharing contracts
- Joint venture agreements
- Technical and managerial services arrangement
- Dispositions and acquisitions
- Farm-ins and farm-outs for indigenous and transnational corporations
- Oil industry service contracts
- Petroleum products and oil trading arrangements
- Crude oil off takes agreements
- Department of petroleum and regulatory agency permits
- Advisory services on local and international petroleum projects financing