UNC consistently renders legal advice to offshore financial institutions on a variety of legal and regulatory issues including but not limited to the ability to trade locally in Nigerian domestic securities, investment and banking regulations, securities trading, the enforceability of foreign currency derivatives transactions under Nigerian Law, investments in Nigerian Money Market instruments, foreign exchange control issues and repatriation of investments proceeds, etc.
Our services in this area includes:
- Loan syndication, securitization, commercial papers, private placements and financing escrow arrangements.
- Mortgage, debentures, liens, charges and related transactions.
- Mergers and Acquisitions, reconstruction and structuring of corporate entities for companies and financial institutions and related comprehensive due diligence investigations.
- Project finance and offshore venture capital for various investment projects in and outside Nigeria
- Legal consultancy in relation to organizing in-house workshops/ training for financial institutions in Nigeria designed to enhance operational, managerial and professional capacity aimed at better positioning legal officers in meeting the ever increasing challenges of their offices.
- Related litigation and representation at special tribunals
The Firm regularly renders advisory services to investment groups and venture capitalists from South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States of America on aspects of the financial services industry here in Nigeria, as well as local financial institutions.